Posted on August 31, 2012
There have been 0 comments
Exclusive Images, High Definition iPhone 5
RepairLabs has done it again: we're bringing you new exclusive images. From the folks responsible for bringing you the latest in iPhone secret photos, we’ve gotten new images. We have just received EXCLUSIVE high-definition images of the soon-to-be-released iPhone 5 front glass assembly. So what about the changes? Let’s talk about them!
Conclusions we can draw from these exclusive images
With these photos we can confirm:
- Apple has redone the whole front Digitizer and LCD Assembly of the device. We see 3 flex cables. The first seems to be the proximity ear speaker, and the front camera. The last two probably LCD and Digitizer.
- The ratio suggests that it is indeed the long-rumored bigger screen.
- The camera is in the front middle of the ear speaker, not on the side of the ear speaker anymore.
- It looks like it has a black ear speaker mesh right now.
- We can also see the home button is going to have more support; it’s backed by a metal bracket. It doesn’t look like it’s going to be supported anymore by prongs or a push cable. It may actually be a combination of both.
- It looks like it has a plastic 3GS-type midframe running around the digitizer and glass LCD assembly.
- The metal brackets suggest that it will be sitting into a housing, similar to a 3GS, but more updated and modern.
- From the width of the bracket, we can tell the charger port is indeed going to be smaller because it has to fit between the two silver bottom screw brackets, just like a 3GS.
- These pictures suggest that the LCD may pull apart from the Digitizer, given the rivets on the sides. (This is similar again to the 3GS, but a departure from the 4 and 4S.)
- We notice a striking similarity to a 3GS, with the bottom screws and brackets. We think it’s going to pull open from the front.
So, could this be the iPhone 5 real deal? We think so, and we believe these exclusive photos prove a lot of what the tech world has been suspecting all along in regards to the new iPhone 5. Could Apple be going back to the old faithful model of the iPhone 3Gs? It looks probable. From the leader in iPhone repair services, exclusive images of the iPhone 5, and Apple hardware components, remember you heard it here first. Check out www.fix-iPhones.com for a full list of all of our services and our great blog, and new exclusive images.
Stay tuned for more specific analysis and details!
What do you think? Please leave your opinion in the comments.
by Curtis Taylor, Tech Expert, Freelance Writer.
Curtis is one of the lead public technical advisors for all personal electronics. With a burning passion for not only bringing you the most informative articles, but also for his websites RepairLabs and Fix-iPhones.com. His proudest achievement though is Op:HERO -- a program dedicated to making each repair help overcome.
This post was posted in Opinion, Tablets, Tech, What We Do, iPhone Rumors, iPhone, iPad, Uncategorized and was tagged with images, High-Definition, Digitizer, LCD, exclusive images, Photos