Hello there, today I’m here bringing you solutions on how to fix driver irql_not_less_or_equal for windows 10. You are here because you have been experiencing that blue screen error that appeared out of nowhere and now you don’t know how to go through this issue. Just remember one thing that these errors are so common in Windows 10 and so are the solutions. Here let’s dig about the error and enlighten you to the solutions.
- Reasons Behind the Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Blue Screen Error
- Solutions to Fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Windows 10 Error
Reasons Behind the Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Blue Screen Error
Well, there is not any fixed reason that brings you the error, so there are many and the most common ones I described here:
- Faulty or outdated drivers
- Incompatible hardware
- Improper Disk fragmentation
- Problematic Registry
- Viruses and malware
Solutions to Fix Irql_Not_Less_Or_Equal Windows 10 Error
Now you know the possible reasons behind the error so now it’s time to go with the solutions that you start from the first and continue following until you get the solution. Here are the methods I’m going to talk about
#1 Perform a Full System Scan
Now, the first one that you can easily accomplish is performing a full system scan. Generally, in any type of error, you should first perform this action because it solves almost all the issues of Windows 10 or any other version. Here are the easiest steps to follow:
- Go to your antivirus and open the user interface.
- There you can see an option like Scan. Now click on that, and there will be some more options such as quick scan, full system scan.
- Select full system scan; it will scan each drive of your system and find out all the malware detected.
- Now you can delete these viruses permanently or repair them if possible.
- You need to be patient with this process to be done. Once it is completed, you can restart and check if the error still occurs.
If you think this didn’t solve anything, then head to the second method.
#2 Use Hardware Diagnostic and Eliminate Faulty Drivers
Faulty hardware can be another reason for the 0xA Windows 10 irql_not_less_or_equal error. So here are the steps that are very easy to follow:
- Get the search option and type Memory Diagnostic
- Once you get the Diagnostic window on the screen, it asks you two options, and you need to select the first one saying Restart now and check for problems.
- Select this option and it will restart the system immediately.
- Now after arriving on the desktop it brings you a list of all the faulty hardware as a result.
- Here you are supposed to click the option ‘Replace all faulty hardware detected in the scan and reboot PC.’
You are done replacing all the faulty hardware and check for the error again. I hope it is eliminated but if not then follow the third method.
#3 Update the Drivers Using Device Manager
Another reason is the faulty or outdated drivers that you need to replace in order to throw out the windows 10 error irql_not_less_or_equal. So you are needed to use device manager for the purpose and remove all the corrupted drivers. Here are the steps for uninstalling or just updating:
- Get the run dialog box by pressing Windows key and R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter, and it will open up the Device Manager.
- You can also right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage.
- There you go to Device Manager and search for the faulty driver. You can recognize them by the yellow exclamation mark.
- Once you find any faulty drivers, right-click it and select update drivers.
- Just follow the instructions and get the drivers updated in a short interval of time.
- Uninstall the PC and see the results.
This is also a very useful method that gets you freedom of that blue screen error. If still, you are getting the issue then here is the fourth way.
#4 Perform a System Restore
If nothing works for you, then this is the method that is compulsory in your case if you want to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 error. This is the most effective solution that sets your PC in a previous time with all the previous settings and uninstalls all the settings you did after the particular date.
So once you are done creating a restore point for your PC you just need to go to the restore option and get it done in a few minutes. Here are the steps:
- Get the run dialog box by pressing Windows key and R.
- Type rstrui.exe and hit the enter key and it will open up the System Restore window.
- Here just click the next button and choose any of the restore points.
- You can go to the recommended restore point that is created by the windows and click restore.
- If it asks your confirmation, then click Yes or Confirm. Let it be done till then you relax.
- Your PC will get a reboot itself, and on start-up, you will get to know if the restoration was successful.
If it be done correctly, then all the faulty things are removed by now, and chances are you will not get the error again.
#5 Repair Registries and Fragmented Disk
Here you need to type some commands in the command prompt and hit enter after every command you put. It will fix the corrupted registry and disk issues if any. So go along with the instructions and do it carefully:
- Get the command prompt by pressing Windows key and X and select command prompt.
- Once the window is there, you need to paste these following commands one by one hitting the enter key every time.
cd /d C:\windows\System32\config
xcopy *.* C:\RegBack\
copy /y software
copy /y system
copy /y sam
After entering all these commands, the process is done. Finally, restart your PC and this way the registry or any disk issue will be fixed itself, and you won’t get an irql_not_less_or_equal error in windows 10.
Here all these five methods are equally useful and practical. So any error related to irql will get fixed if you follow these correctly. So, if you have tried them already then share which one was your best companion on how to fix irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10.