There are many devices that are using Windows 10 and that is the reason why people are asking one single question and that is “How to find saved Wi-Fi password on Windows 10/8.1/8/7?”
We decided to create an article that will help you understand how Windows 10 functions and how to retrieve lost or forgot password in few steps. You don’t have to go to service or someone who will charge you this experience because after reading this article you will be able to do everything by yourself. Learn How to Find Saved WiFi Password on iPad?
How to retrieve already saved Wi-Fi password on Windows 10/8.1/8/7?
#1 Check saved wifi password Through Networks & Settings:
There are numerous ways to retrieve password on your Windows 10 operating system and we are going to provide you two simplest ways. However, you have to understand that you don’t have to do this particular service in order to crack someone’s Wi-Fi because that is not ethical and it could help you achieve something that you don’t want.
If you want to see the password for the network that you are connected to, you just have to follow these steps:
- The first thing that you have to do is to right-click on the network icon and selects open network and sharing center.
- You will see Change adapter settings and just handle the right click on your Wi-Fi network and select status.
- You will get pop-up window and click on Wireless Properties and when you enter just click Security tab
- You will see a checkbox next to Show characters; you just have to check it in order to reveal the password.
#2. View wifi password on Windows 10 Through Command Prompt:
In order to find Wi-Fi network password that is out of range, you have to use a command prompt, which is far easier than any other method:
- Open a command prompt and type the command that will give you the possibility to retrieve lost password:
- Netsh WLAN show profile
- This particular command will list all profiles that you have ever been connected to, and you will have to reveal password of specific network you just have to enter: network name” and you will get all additional information that you need in order to find the password that you are interested in.
- There are many different ways to achieve full revelation of your amazing possibilities that you can do on this OS, however, by choosing command prompt you will be able to find a solution for everything that you want to achieve. Sometimes there are different tools that could help us find the wireless password; however, these two are the simplest ways available.
There is also another way to do retrieve password through command prompt:
- The first thing that you have to do is press Windows key and R and you type ncpa.cpl and press Enter in order to continue further.
- Select right click on Wi-Fi network adapter and click status and you will get the possibility click Wireless properties and when the dialog appears just move to security tap.
- You will see Show characters check box, and when you click it the password will be revealed.
We have presented you a way to find Wi-Fi network on Windows 10 and if you have any additional question and ideas, feel free to comment in the section below.