If you are experiencing trouble while opening or launching chrome and nothing happens when you click Chrome icon to open it, then there are possibilities that incompatible or corrupted plugins cause the issues. Briefly, Google Chrome won’t open and you will see chrome.exe in Task manager process, but the CHROME browser window will not appear at all. Below are troubleshooting guides on how to Fix Google Chrome not opening or responding on Windows 10 PC issue.
- How to fix Chrome won’t launch or open on windows PC
How to fix Chrome won’t launch or open on windows PC
Before you start the process of fixing the chrome won’t open issue make sure that you have created restore points for safety just in case anything goes wrong.
Solution 1: Try Restarting your PC & then Chrome
This is the first and simplest fix to try and restart your computer and make sure that chrome is not running at all then try to open it again after the computer reboots.
To check if Google Chrome is already running on the PC press the following keys to open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), after opening look for Chrome.exe and right click on it and select End Task option.
Once you have ended chrome, make sure that it is not running, open Chrome and check if it will launch, i.e. if you have fixed the issue.
Solution 2: Briefly disable Firewall and Antivirus
- Open Antivirus program by right-clicking on its icon installed in your PC from the system tray and select Disable option
2. Secondly, select the timeframe that Antivirus will be disabled.
N.B: Pick the shortest time-frame possible for instance 10 to 25 minutes
3. Once you have completed the above steps, try opening Google Chrome to see whether the issue has been resolved or the errors still exist.
4. Press Windows Key on your keyboard and click Control Panel
5. After the control panel opens select System and Security
6. Next, select Windows Firewall
7. The window prompt that appears on your left select Turn Windows Firewall off or on
8. Click Turn off Windows Firewall then reboot your computer. After the computer restarts try again to launch chrome and check whether you were Fixed Chrome won’t Launch or Open error
If the above solution does not fix the issue, ensure that you systematically follow the above steps to Turn on your computer’s Firewall.
Solution 3: Try to Update Google Chrome
- To update your PC’s Chrome, click on the button at the top right corner (a three-dotted button) in Google Chrome then select Help and click on About Google Chrome.
2. Check if your pc Google Chrome is up to date if not then you will see an update button click on it.
By clicking the update button, it will update your Google Chrome to its latest version or build that can help you Fix Chrome Won’t Open or Launch issue.
Solution 4: Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
Here GOOGLE Chrome Cleanup official Tool is used since it aids in removing and scanning all software’s and programs that might be the possible cause of chrome won’t launch problem or error, for instance, crashes or toolbars, unusual startup pages, get rid of unpredicted ads and change your browsing experience to some extent
Solution 5: Run Chrome Canary
First, you have to download Chrome Canary (a future build or version of Chrome), then try launching Chrome and check if its opens properly
Solution 6: Hard Reset Chrome
Note: Make sure that chrome is not running, i.e. it’s completely closed if its running g End its process from the Task Manager following the method discussed in Solution 1 above.
- Press Windows Key + R, on the prompt that appears to type the code below and click enter on your keyboard (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data)
- Next, go back to the Default Folder on another location and completely delete that particular
3. Once you have done that, all your Chrome bookmarks, history, user data, cache memory, and cookies will be deleted.
4. Next, Launch Google Chrome and press the three dots on the chromes window top right corner and select settings.
5. Clicking the setting window that appears scroll or navigates downward and clicks the advanced option at the bottom of the window.
6. In the advance window that appears, scroll down again and then click Reset option.
7. Through this, a pop-up window will eventually open asking you to reset Google Chrome, press the RESET button to proceed.
Solution 7: Install Newly Downloaded Google Chrome
Once you have tried all the solutions provided and the issue is not resolved, then you might consider reinstalling Chrome again.
Before you start reinstalling, make sure that Google Chrome installed in your PC is completely uninstalled from the system then Download the latest version or build of Chrome. Additionally, make sure that you completely delete Chrome user data folder and install the newly downloaded Google Chrome from their official website.
That is it now you have successfully Fixed Chrome Won’t Open Or Launch issue.