One of the most common errors is that confirm form resubmission error that also says err_cache_miss. So today, I bring you some solution to fix err cache miss that occurs while surfing the internet. It can happen with just any website and in any web browser, but the solutions remain same.
What Is Err_Cache_Miss?
So before you go and check the solutions, I want you guys to know the reason behind the error.
There are several reasons that cause this issue, but the most common ones are related to fetching cache and malware in your browser.
Whenever you visit a website that you have already visited then if the website finds any difficulty to fetch the cache, then it displays the error.
Recommended: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED Error in Chrome
In the second case, if your browser contains some kind of bugs or malware then the error possibly occurs. It can be any buggy extension too. Now let’s focus on the solutions.
How to Fix the ERR_CACHE_MISS Using Different Methods
This is a very simple step where you just need to clear out cache and cookies in your browser. If you are confused that how to do you clear cache in chrome, then follow these steps:
- First, open your browser or Google Chrome if you are using this one.
- Now head to the upper right corner of your browser, and there you see three dots.
- Click these dots and go to Settings.
- There on the new page, you can see three parallel lines in the upper left corner.
- Click these lines and go to Advanced.
- Now click on the first option that is Privacy and Security.
- In this section scroll down and click Clear browsing data.
- In the pop up select Advanced and in the Time range, select All time and just click Clear data.
You are done with clearing cache and cookies. Now you can check to access that web page again and if it shows the error then here is the second method.
#2 Get Rid Of Any Buggy Extension
Your cache and cookies are cleared by now, but the page still shows the error. So now you can try uninstalling any extension that you recently installed. The buggy add-on can cause these errors while browsing and they destroy the overall surfing experience. So try to remove any add-on or extension and then you can get access to visit the website. If you’re not sure how to do this, then you can copy the steps mentioned here:
- Open your Chrome browser very first.
- Head to the upper right corner of the browser where you see three dots.
- Click it and go to More tools and then Extensions or type chrome/extension in the search bar.
- It will open up a new window for you where you can see all the installed extensions.
- Here you can either disable any extension or delete it permanently by choosing the action accordingly.
- So search for the recently installed extension and uncheck Enable box.
#3 Use Command Prompt
Your next step to get rid of the confirm form resubmission error is using the command prompt. You need to put some commands as mentioned and in no time you will solve the err_cache_miss issue. To know how to get the command prompt and put all the commands just go with the steps:
- Press windows key and X and choose command prompt from the options or press windows key and R and type cmd in the box and hit enter.
- Now command prompt is on the screen, so you just put the following commands into that and hit enter every time you put one command:
Enter command one by one and hit enter
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
You are done using the command prompt, just restart your device and check if the error is gone by now or not. If it’s not solved yet, then the last step can help you.
Recommended: ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome
#4 Reset Your Chrome Browser
- Turn on your device and get to the browser.
- Your aim is to access your browser’s settings, if you are on chrome then go to the left corner of your screen and in the upper section looks for three dots.
- Click these dots and from the menu select Settings.
- When you click Settings, it will open up a new page
- There go to the left corner and look for three parallel lines. Click these and now go to the option Advanced.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and there you will find an option saying Reset. Just click it and click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- It will ask for confirmation, so click Reset again, and all your settings will be restored to defaults.
Once you have done following all these steps same as mentioned, then you should have no problem in accessing the web page. Also, take care that you are surfing the latest version of your browser and if it’s not, then update it right away. Many times updating does the trick and get you out of any webpage regarding trouble.
I hope following all these solutions you will surely fix err_cache_miss, or the confirm form resubmission error. The error is most common and doesn’t take much effort to get solved.
So follow all these solutions and try to solve the error. Share your experiences here, and you can also share any new method of solving out the error.