Today I’m providing the solutions that will lead you easily on how to fix error code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10. It is so much common error that appears while installing any new app or doing any other technical activities on windows XP PC.
- What is the reason for Error code 0x80004005?
- How to Fix Error Code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10?
What is the reason for Error code 0x80004005?
So for the question ‘why the 0x80004005 unspecified error occurs,’ then let me tell you that wherever the essential file is missing or corrupted, then this error is likely to happen.
There may be several reasons, but the most common is the missing DLL file that causes the 0x80004005 unspecified error. So let’s start with the most common issue that causes the error, and I will take you through other solutions in different conditions too.
- if a file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing
- third-party software interfere with Windows XP Installation
- WPA file is manually modified
How to Fix Error Code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10?
#1 Check for the corrupt .dll File
.DLL file causes this error to happen in most cases so why don’t learn to fix this one first. Your OS gives you a pop up about warning whenever you have a corrupted or missing DLL file that is the dynamic link library, and it is responsible for multiple procedures in windows.
So if you get their error, chances are you are not managing your device very well. But no worries as I am going to provide you a solution that will fix the dll issue.
You can get rid of the dll issue, and that will remove the error code issue automatically. So you need to run the System File Checker which checks for any corrupted file and replaces it with the right file.
- Open the command prompt by clicking on the Start button and there click on command prompt or press win and R that opens the Run box.
- Type cmd and hit enter that will take you the command prompt.
- Just paste this following text in the black space ‘sfc /scannow k and hit enter.
- Leave it for a few minutes as the scan goes on and then you can restart the device and check if the error still pops up.
#2 Fix the Error Using Troubleshooter – Windows Update
You can always try troubleshooting the issue that is very easy to do and recommended after you perform the system scan as I told in the first method.
- Just get the search panel either manually or by pressing Windows + S, here type troubleshooting and press Enter.
- In the new screen, you will see Troubleshooting in the left upper area.
- Click on it land it will open up a new box where you need to click on View All that is on the left sidebar at the first place.
- From the list search something like Windows Update and right click on it.
- There you see Run as an Administrator so just click on the option and then Advanced.
- Here check the box that says Apply repairs automatically and just follow the instructions. When you are done, you can close it.
#3 Registry Key Error
Whenever this error occurs on the VirtualBox, then you can get rid of it by making a few changes to the registry.
- Press Win + R to open the Run box.
- Type regedit and hit Enter, it will take you to the registry of your system.
- Here follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers.
- Now look for this ‘C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe”=”DISABLEUSERCALLBACKEXCEPTION’ if you see the key, just delete it and try if the error occurs.
- You can also disable your antivirus for a few minutes and then look if the error still exists.
Many times you access any shared folder or drive and instead of getting in you get the error, and you think how to fix error code 0x80004005. Well, here are the steps:
- Open regedit using the same process as mentioned above in Solution #3.
- This time search for the following path: ‘HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.’
- If you have a 32-bit system, you need to add a new DWORD value with LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy, and 64-bit users add a QWORD (64-bit) with the name LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy.
- Next, set the value as 1 and hit enter. You can enter the value by double-clicking it. Also, you can find it to 1 already then leave it as it is.
- Now restart your computer and try accessing the shared drive or folder again.
- If you still see the error then again get the Run box and type hdwwiz.cpl.
- It will open up Device Manager where you need to click on Network Adapters
- Now find View on the menu and click on View Hidden Devices. It will expand the Network Adapters and there if you see Microsoft 6to4 Adapters then just delete them all. You can remove them by right clicking and go to Remove Device.
- Again reboot your PC and check using the drive or folder.
#5 Solution While Updating Windows 10
Many time you need a solution on error code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10 especially while updating windows. Let me tell you that it is one of the most relaxed situations to solve the error 0x80004005.
You just need to download it via Microsoft’s official website and follow the instructions and the entire setup. The downloading takes time than updating it but it will remove the error for sure, and you will get an updated version of Windows.
#6 Solution While Accessing Microsoft Outlook
Many times you get the error while accessing Microsoft Outlook and the pop up seems like
Sending and receiving reported error “0x80004005.” Now, what are you doing to fix 0x80004005 or 0x800ccc0d?
The error occurs whenever you try to send mail, and it causes a lot of inconveniences when it is an important mail. So you can follow these steps and see if it gets solved:
Step 1: Turn Off the Blocking Feature of Your Antivirus
Maybe it’s because of your anti-virus blocking feature that takes you to the error 0x80004005.
You can disable the blocking feature and never see this error again. This method is especially for those who have Norton as an anti-virus. So disabling the blocking feature will never interrupt with your software and you won’t get error code 80004005.
Step 2: Turn Off the Mail Notification
The second method is to disable the notification that appears every time a new mail comes in the inbox. You won’t get the notification for the mail, but you can visit it manually by going to your inbox.
Sign in to your outlook account and click on the Tools in the menu.
There you will see Options, and by hovering over, you see Preferences that you need to select.
Now, go to the Email Options” and uncheck the box that says Display a notification message for the new mail and by saving the settings you are done.
Following all these methods you will surely get a solution for the issue how to fix error code 0x80004005 for Windows 7, 10. Just check if your error matches here with the solutions and the steps all are yours that are easy to follow. Reading the article completely get you a good idea of solving the error and you can try these to make your windows free of this error trouble.