Your presence on this page indicates that you are also faced ‘ The Program can’t start Error because vcruntime140.dll is missing from your computer’ error. The error on windows 10 occurs when you set to update and suddenly you start experiencing this issue while opening any application. We are here to solve this issue using some effective tips and we will also get to know why this httpd.exe system error happens.
- Why Does This VCRUNTIME140. dll Missing Error Happen?
- How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing on Windows 10?
Why Does This VCRUNTIME140. dll Missing Error Happen?
DLL means Dynamic Link Libraries, every dll is like a part of windows and an application needs this DLL file to run on an operating system. Some applications are not complete in them and require an external source and dll serves as that source. Now when this dll file gets missed or corrupted then user experience ‘microsoft vcruntime140.dll is missing’ error.
The case can be any but in each case, your operating system is unable to find the missing DLL file and hence it displays you this error in return. The pop up occurs until you solve the problem by providing that application with the required DLL file. Let’s not jump to the solutions and try to solve it yourself.
How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing on Windows 10?
#1 Download the Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll File
Let’s start with the very simple step and that is downloading the DLL file itself. Whenever a user gets the dll missing error, there is a type specified beside the dll such as icudt58.dll, n32dll.dll, etc. you just need to go to any reliable website and find the missing dll there.
Install it in the folder of that application where the dll is missing. You can try out https://www.dll-files.com/ and see if it solves your trouble.
#2 Reinstalling the Program
This can be the next possible solution where you need to download and install the program again that is showing the error. It happens because sometimes you download files from infected sources that are not reliable and you face this issue. So try to download the same program from a different website and try rerunning it.
#3 Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
If nothing solves your problem, then you can try reinstalling the C++ Redistributable package. This pack of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 can fix the VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Just follow these steps:
- You need to go to the official Microsoft website and do not go to any other source
- Find the mentioned file there and click Download [Here]
- In the next page, you will see some files: vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe.
- Choose the file according to your operating system. If it is 32-bit then go for x86 version else the other one.
- After you mark the box and accept the terms the fill will begin downloading and it will be in your system in a few seconds
- Now install this file by following the wizard just like any software and your problem will be gone.
#4 Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
In this step, we will repair the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to control panel by pressing windows key and X
- There open Add or remove the program or something like that
- A list will open up with all the programs installed. Here search for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and click it
- From the options, Uninstall/Change, click Change and it will get repair automatically
- Now you can check the error again after rebooting your PC.
#5 Lastly, Scan Your Device
Sometimes malware can act as the error or corrupt the files in your system, performing a full PC scan is recommended. If you are using any Antivirus, then follow the below steps. It may differ from antivirus to antivirus.
- Open up your Antivirus user interface
- On the left panel, go to Protection and then Scans
- Select Full PC scan from the options and wait for an hour or so. Any infected file will be detected that you can repair or delete permanently.